Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, November 20, 2011

M & M: We Are Family

This year saw significant shifiting around of the pets in my house. First, a stray cat, who we named Mimi, decided my house was her home. S/he came to us last Christmas, in the middle of a snow storm. I tried to make her stay outside but, of course, eventually I gave in.  Who could you resist this (the kid or the cat)?


We thought Mimi was a girl. She was so young (8 weeks). Since we didn't see any male equipment, we decided to call her Mimi.  When I took her to the vet a month later, he said she was a he! Apparently Mimi was part of a catch, fix, release effort as she has a snipped right ear, which the vet said is a sign of a particular local animal "rescue" effort.  (I still can't believe that they nuetered a tiny kitten and released back into the wild during the dead of winter). In any case, we stuck with the name Mimi and now have a trangender cat.

In the spring, I decided to foster a special needs dog. Marcella (or Miracle) as she was originally called, is a blue tick coon hound who was born without a right front leg. She is the sweetest dog!  Again, who could resist this?  Clearly, not me!



M &; M (Marcella and Mimi) absolutely love each other!  Every night Mimi insists on snuggling with Marcella. They are such an adorable couple; they make my heart smile. I predict they will warm your heart as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment