Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 6, 2013

Floor Lamp Planter

The following was created because of an inspiration someone posted on Facebook. (Thanks Debbie)!  A super simple and cute idea that incorporates some of my favorite things: Upcycling and planting.



I had this old floor lamp that I wasn't using anymore. I got the black basket at the Dollar Store and used Gorilla Glue to secure it.  Once that dried, I placed the coco mat inside (cut to fit). I then put some sphagnum moss and dirt in, followed by plants. I used chenille plant and I'm not sure what else the others are called. I chose these plants because I thought the combination will give both height and will droop over the sides as the plants grow.


To top it off, I put this sweet solar motioned piggy that I got from Chinatown L.A.  What a perfect home for him!


Isn't he cute?!
 
Another super simple project.  My recommendation is to not overfill the planter. This will grow all summer so you want to make sure the plants have room to grow. I will update this post later in the summer after it fills out.

No comments:

Post a Comment