Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 7, 2012

Craft A Week #30 Dinosaur Planter

It is yard sale season here in Central PA (YAY!)  This is my all time favorite time! My mom Dolly Mama insists our area has the best yard sales. I do agree that we have fantastic sales with high quality materials at super cheap prices. It really is a wonderful treasure hunt every Friday and/or Saturday. I especially love the neighborhood sales so I get a good walk in while bargain hunting.

Every season I make a list of things to look for while I go saleing. One of the things on my list this year is plastic dinosaurs to transform into little planters.  (This is also something I found on Pinterest).   I found the following dinosaur and it only cost me a quarter!

Sorry I didn't take a before picture but all I did was give the plastic dinosaur to my son-in-law Dan to drill a opening in the top. The opening was about 3"x 1.5".  The dinosaur is hollow on the inside so I just dumped some potting soil into the opening. I made sure to tap it down so there were no air pockets. 

I then took some succulent clippings from another planter and stuck in the dirt. You can dip the ends of the plants into Root Grow if you have it. I couldn't find mine and it was starting to rain so I just stuck the plantings in the dirt.


Isn't s/he adorable?!  I found a stegosaurus this weekend and sent it on to Dan to cut the hole in that one too. I'd really like to find some bigger dinosaurs. I think they will look cute as a display on the patio.  I want to find more so I can give as a gift to my dear friend D. I know she will love them!


This really was a super simple craft! (Especially because I didn't even have to cut the hole).

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment