Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Doggie Fro Yo Recipe



It has been crazy hot here in Central PA this week (104 yesterday) so I thought I'd give the pups a cool, frozen treat. I've seen the frozen dog treats at the grocery and they are pretty pricey. I did a quck search online and found the following frozen yogurt recipe.

Doggie Frozen Yogurt Recipe

36 ounces of plain, low fat yogurt
1 cup low sodium peanut butter
2-4 ounce jars of banana baby food
2 T honey

Mix the ingredients together then pour into 3 ounce dixie cups. Put a dog biscuit in the middle to use as a handle.  Freeze for a few hours.  When solid, cut off the cup and serve.

You can also cut this recipe in half. I made a big bunch since my granddogs were coming over. The dogs LOVED them!




This is Flea. The picture is misleading. While he started off eating this like a human, he quickly decided to chomp the entire thing.


You can see Flea in the background. I can't believe he didn't get a brain freeze. Georgie, however, chose to savor his treat.


Here's Flea in his pool. He LOVES the water! His nickname is Big - for good reason. His body fills the kiddie pool.




Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment