Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Penn State Teddy Bears

It is the end of the semester so I haven't had much time to devote to my blogging. Between grading papers, prepping for upcoming presentations and summer school, and making sure all graduating students have their internships complete, I haven't had much time to be uber crafty.

With the help of my mom, Dolly-mama, we did manage to make a sweet graduating gift for this year's seniors. I found this cute pattern on Ravelry and we modified it to make them Penn State representations.  Here's the original pattern:


The pattern for this can be found on "All About Ami" located here: Graduation Teddy Bear Pattern

This is our We Are Penn State Proud Bear:


I had the PSU pins (picked up at a yard sale a few years ago for $5/100! Can't beat that price.  I think it adds a nice touch, don't you?


Here's the teddy bear army in process.  I put together 15 of them for students who are graduating this spring, summer, and fall. 


I wrapped each on in a treat bag that I got from the Dollar Tree.


I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. I will say though they took a long time to complete. Dolly-Mama crocheted them and sent them to me in pieces. I am so glad she did that! It took me at least an hour to just put each one together and add the decorations. I think I will come up with another gift for future classes!


Here's my students posing with their bears. They really appreciated the keepsake. I'm so proud of them all! They represent Penn State well.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment