Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 23, 2012

Craft A Week #31 Inspirational Cups

I've got a long term goal of making a book of inspirational quotes for my grandkids. I've been storing lots of phrases and poems on Pinterest for some time now but don't really have the time to put it all together like I want.  Rather than have all that wonderful material just sit there, Jasmine and I decided to create some cool cups.

(Awhile back I posted a gift I made for my nephew and his wife for a wedding gift; this is done the same way).

Here are Jasmine and my wonderful work:


Here's a closer look at the one I made for Jasmine:


The quote is: 
You are braver than you believe
Stronger than you feel
Smarter than you know
But the most important thing to remember is
Even when we are apart
I will always be with you
Beautiful, right?

Jasmine made one for Jon that says:

You are special and amazing and are here to do wonderful things.
Follow your heart and let your beautiful shine.

Sweet right?

The one she made for Breanna says:
Always chase your dreams
instead of running from your fears




I love that Jasmine picked out the quotes herself. What a meaningful gift and a true reminder of the giver every day.

(In case you don't recall, these were made with Sharpie markers then baked in a 350 degree oven for 1/2 hour).  Super simple craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment