Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 23, 2012

Craft A Week #32 Candy Man

When I was in Fort Wayne last week I went to the Three Rivers Festival. It was so much fun! They had lots of reasonably priced crafts, food and fountains for the kids to play in. I wanted to get a little something for the grandkids and I found these cute Candy Men.  While they were pretty inexpensive ($1.25 each) after I bought them I realized I could make my own.  Here's all you need to make this cute favor.


1 Carmel candy (for the head)
1 rectangular candy (for the body)
2 bubble gums (for the arms)
2 Smarties (for the legs)

The one I originally purchased had a cute box of candy cigarette like candy for the body. I couldn't find them so I substituted with chocolate bards. I made them using Twix, Snickers, Butterfingers, and Mars.

All you do is hot glue the pieces all together.  I also added a little tie and a string to hang.  You can see the result below.


Isnt' he cute?!  I made a bunch of these for my grandson A.J.'s birthday party as favors and everyone loved them. I think these would be a super cute Halloween party favor.  And they cost pennies to make (though rather time intensive) but very sweet.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment