Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Crock Pot Corn on the Cob

As anyone who know me knows, I use the crockpot to cook every and anything. We had a family cookout yesterday evening and I had four of the grandkids who were eager to go swimming at the neighbor's pool so I got creative in my food prep. Crock pot corn on the cob!  A super simple, make it and forget it recipe. Here's how it is done:

8 ears of corn (shucked and cleaned)
1/2 a stick of butter
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
(You can also add 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, which I LOVE but thought the grandkids would be less than pleased so I omitted it).

Melt the butter, add in the seasonings. Lay each ear of corn on a piece of tinfoil that will cover the ear completely. Add a few teaspoons of butter mixture to each ear. Wrap and seal the foil tightly.

Lay all the corn into the crockpot. I got all mine in one crockpot because I cut some of them in half for the younger kids.  DO NOT ADD WATER!

Cook for 2.5 hours on high or 4 on low. I used my hottest crockpots (I did two batches). After 2.5 hours on high, I turned it on the "Keep Warm" setting for a couple hours before serving.

The corn was fantastic! Tender and yummy!  This may be my new favorite way to do corn. Try it, you will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment