Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Edible Arrangements

I got creative for Easter and made a fruit bouquet for dessert. These can be purchased already made, just like a floral arrangement. The Edible Arrangement website is http://www.ediblearrangements.com/. While they make beautiful arrangements, they are rather pricey for me.

Because I am rather thrifty, I set out to make my own. (Posted are pictures of my arrangements). Thanks to the people on this website: http://ediblecraftsonline.com/edible_creations/project_5/index.htm. They provide great directions! These instructions are clear and complete. I do, however, have some lessons learned:

  • Make sure you use SHARP knives! The knives in my house are notably dull (I recieved a knife sharpener as a birthday gift)! It was very frustrating to do this project with unsharp knifes!

  • If possible, buy your pineapple already peeled and cleaned. After the fact I did see the grocery store offers them, however, they were rather small and would not have worked with the cookie cutter I used. In the summer Walmart has large pineapple and the cost is minimally higher than the whole pineapple.

  • Use fruit that is just ripe (as opposed to very ripe). My melon was very ripe and that made it more likely to droop.

  • Next time I will make more kabobs and topping with strawberries. This fills the arrangement and you see less stick. I think I'll use grapes.






No comments:

Post a Comment