Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 10, 2012

Manly Baby Shower Ideas

I haven't posted much in the last few weeks because I've been busy with alot of things....classes, grant reviews, Pinterest, and prepping for my son Zack's baby shower.  We are having a shower for HIM, as this is his first baby (when he married Julie, she had two sweet, wonderful kids).  I thought this would be easy (to throw a man shower) but it's really not so simple.  I searched all over and here's some of my ideas:




1.  Make a banner that says "Welcome Marcus Robert".  I'm going to hang it across the room AND attach some cute bibs, booties, and onesies (Raiders: Dad's favorite team).  You can find the banner letters here:  Alphabet Bunting.  I just printed them out on card stock paper. Super cute and easy.



2.  Print out these "Wishes for Baby" cards.  Each guest will write their wishes for Marcus Robert. Wishes include things like "I hope you learn to...."; "I hope you are not afraid of.....".  They can be found here:  Wishes for Baby.  These can then be gathered up and saved in Marcus' baby book.



3.  I want to make some cute bibs or onesies and hang as more decorations. I found the most adorable images to iron on.  These are some of my favorites:

For Kylie




Or this one. Not sure which I like better.





For AJ




For Breanna (the kids all call her Nana).

Just because it is cute.



4.  We are having a Raiders/sports theme.  I've got black, white, and silver paperware, tableclothes, and streamers. I've got Dollar Store balls (football, soccer ball, basketball) to sit around for decorations. Since last week was SuperBowl, I found a bunch of cute sports food ideas. 

Since this is a man party, the party favors include beers and bags of pretzels. I thought that was super appropriate!

I'll post pictures of the party once things are all decorated. 

Happy Crafting!



2 comments:

  1. my co worker is having a girl he is known as Darth Vader so our theme is Vaders little Princess... a great gift is the mans diperbag so no embarrassment at carrying around a ultra feminine bag... There will surely be a darth vader themed cake and homemade decorations printed with pink vaders all over them. I am stuck on the games though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did "Guess the baby food flavor". There were 10 jars of baby food (with the labels removed). People had to guess, just based on the look (no tasting) what flavors they were. It was much harder than it seemed! For prizes, we gave out snack baskets (with chips, pretzels, and beer).

      We also did "Guess the number of Jelly Beans in the baby bottle".

      Delete