Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Craft A Week #15 Crocheted Stones

Yes, it has been awhile since I've posted (thanks for reminding me Ariel). I haven't been crafting too much lately because of work responsibilities (and Pinterest). I have actually made several things that came from Pinning but none that were really postworthy.

That is until making these crocheted stone covers. I know it sounds strange but they look pretty cool. (The grandkids called them sweaters for rocks). Whatever you call them, I love the juxtaposition of the thread against the stones. They are pretty and different. And super easy and quick to make.






Aren't they pretty? I have them in a tray on the counter but I think singularly they would make a nice gift (as paper weight?). 

I got the idea from this site (Purlbee.com) but I didn't really follow her instructions. If you know how to crochet, all you need to do is start with a ring and go from there. That was the real fun part of this project; the randomness of creation. I just started crocheting and then found the rock that fit best. As I said, super simple.

I will try to be more diligent in posting. It's hard to call posts "Craft a Week" when I don't post weekly!  If you sign up as a follower or via email, you will automatically get an email when I publish a new post. 

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment