Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Craft a Week #10: Diaper Tricycle

My son Zack and his wife Julie are expecting their first baby together. (They have two wonderful kids from a previous marriage of Julie but this is their first together - and Zack's first baby). He's wanted to have a baby for years now so it is really an exciting time.

I am hosting the party at my house and am really getting into it (the party is not til February 18th). I've found a ton of baby shower decorating ideas on Pinterest (isn't that site the best)?! 

I thought about making a diaper cake but it seems like every baby shower I've been to in the past few years features a diaper cake. So I decided to make a diaper trike instead. It was super easy and came out so cute!








I found the instructions here:  Maidendshade.blogspot.com.  These instructions were really straightforward and easy to follow.  Lessons learned: Make sure you have the rubber bands (you need 3 and I recommend the thicker ones) and using the pie tin to help shape the "tires" makes this project super easy.

With the exception of the diapers, I got everything on sale at Rosses. (Gosh, I forgot how pricey diapers are!!!!!  If you are doing this, look for coupons before you go shopping for supplies). 

Now I have 50 diapers, baby blankets, onesies, bottles, bibs, and socks left over. Looking for another project to utilize these!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment