Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 13, 2012

Craft a Week # 9: Scrap Afghan Pattern

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. Classes started this week and I've been busy. In additon to prepping for classes, I've been working on yet another scrap blanket (I know this was supposed to be Craft a Week but this is taking me longer than a week)!

I love the multicolored look. Here's my work in progress:



It is so pretty and super simple. I used this pattern:  Scrap Afghan.  But I modified the pattern. The pattern calls for doing 2 rows of half double crochet of any color, followed by one row of single crochet/treble crochet in the main color. But I don't like the idea of it being so predictible. So I make varying rows of the half double, depending on how much of the color I have. Since the main color row (in this case it is white) is raised, just make sure to do that row so it is all raised on the same side. (If you have any questions, please feel free to email or comment me).

This afghan is longer than I intended so I'm only about a quarter done. If I had to do over again, I don't think I would have made it this long. It will probably be big enough to cover the double bed in the spare room. If I make it again, I think I will only make it 3/4 of the length it called for in the foundation chain. That would be a better couch afghan.

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. like how you make a project your own.
    I frequently take a project and rearrange it to suit my needs, wants and supplies.
    Kudos to you girl.

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this afghan. Is there a sight to go for written directions? not sure if I am to do a sc in l st, then a tr in the next st. or do both in each stitch.

    ReplyDelete