Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day Meal With Pea Salad Recipe


For New Year's Day I always make the traditional pork and saurkraut. I usually just dump the saurkraut in the crockpot with a pork roast and cook for hours. This year, I did put the saurkraut in the crockpot but I had a rosemary seasoned pork loin that I browned in a pan first with a little oil. After it was nice and brown, added to the saurkraut. I deglazed the pan with a little white wine and water and added that to the crockpot.  It did give a very different taste....Yum!

I'm also making oven baked rosemary potatoes and crockpot spiced apples.  Super simple and tasty!

I wanted to make a veggie and didn't feel like going to the store yet again this week! I rooted around the freezer and decided to make Pea Salad. I don't remember the last time I had/made this and it really is tasty.  Here's the recipe:


Pea Salad
  • 2 lb. bag of frozen peas
  • 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  •  
  • ½ cup of chopped bacon (I used the chopped kind in the bag)
  • ½ cup of chopped onion (I used sweet yellow but you can use red or green onions if you have them)
  • ½ cup of mayo
  • 1/8 t of salt and pepper (I used garlic pepper)
  • ½ t of ground mustard
Either thaw the bag of peas on the counter for several hours or defrost in the microwave (5 minutes at 50%).  Run cold water over them and drain well in colander.  Add all remaining ingredients mixing well.  Refrigerate for several hours to let the flavors meld.

I think the key to this recipe is the ground mustard. I don’t like the taste of regular mustard but dried, ground mustard has a totally different taste. 

Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment