Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  It seems like 2011 was a year that alot of people were ready to see end. I'm not sure why: We all had our own personal reasons and all I know can say is Good Riddance!.  Here's hoping that 2012 is filled with good things for all of us. We deserve that.

I don't like to make resolutions (way too easily broken) but I do have several things I'd like to work on this year. I want to continue to expand my creativity, both in crafting and writing. I plan to use this blog to share my amazingness (yes, I am confident)! I hope you enjoy this journey and I encourage you to share the wonderful things that you are doing. There's plenty of room here on Random Bits of Goodness for us all!

I am ready and open to new and exciting changes. We live our lives and have to decide how we want to do that. I'm a Sociologist and I've always seen change in that perspective. Change is not bad, it just means that something isn't working and alterations are necessary. That's where I'm at. I need to make alterations. Let the changes begin!

The picture below is of some paper cranes I made last year for the Paper Cranes for Japan Project. Mythology says if you make 1,000 paper cranes for someone they will have a wish granted. I'm not sure that I will make 1,000, but I've got a couple hundred so far and probably need another 200 hundred or so. I want to make an art installation in my craft room that has the cranes flying out of a hanging birdhouse. (Did you see the Next Great Artist? One of the contestents did this on that show). This will definately be a work in progress and I will post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment