Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Craft a Week #4: Tagxedo Word Picture

Man, I am on a roll this week!  I found this great site that allows you to upload pictures AND words, which then makes the words become the picture. So very cool.  The site is Tagxedo.  The program pretty easy to use and self explanatory. 

I think the greatest challenge is finding the right picture to use. My first one was a picture of Jasmine.  I used this photo:

I used this picture because it was a head shot and I thought it would work best.  First I uploaded the picture.  (Go to "Options" and click on "Shapes". Once there, either use a shape they already provide or upload a picture under the "Add Image" on the bottom right. 

Then I went into Word and typed in as many words as I could think of that made me think of her. I used words like amazing, funny, smart, creative, beautiful, daughter, sister, granddaughter, (her name), etc. When I got stuck I highlighted a word I already used and looked up synonyms.  Once I had a bunch of words, I saved it as a "txt" document so I could upload on the Tagxedo site.  To do this, go to the "Words" tab, and click "Load". Once there, click on the "File Browse" tab and upload your word file there.

And voila! your word picture is created. You may have to play around with some of the settings (under the "Word Layout" tab).  Once done, make sure to save your final document.   Maybe there's a way, but I could only figure out how to save a thumbnail on my computer.  The larger word picture does save on the Tagxedo site but I wanted to be able to save and play with it as a picture on my C drive. 

Here's my final product:

I don't like this Polly Pocket version because you can't see the actual shading of her face that compliments the photo (and really helps define it).  It does print out okay though. I think I'm going to work on these for the grandkids: print, frame, and hang in the spare bedroom. That way when they come to spend the night, they can see how their Gam really feels about them (lots and lots of love). 

You can also chose a shape, link a website, and create a word picture. Here's my RBG Word Picture:


I think this is a very cool site and worth playing with. Who wouldn't love a gift of a word picture that lets people know how much you love them?! And it allows me to do two of my favorite things at once: writing and crafting!

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment