Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, December 2, 2011

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things (Crafting Websites)

My friends and family ask me where I come up with my creative craft ideas. While I am pretty crafty in my own right, I get ALOT of ideas from other craft websites.  I can spend hours upon hours trolling the net seeking out innovative inspiration.  The following are some of my favorites:

Design*Sponge

Design*Sponge is a design blog run by Brooklyn-based writer, Grace Bonney. My favorite sections of this blog are the DIY and the Before/After sections.  Many of the projects listed here are definately for the more advanced crafter (who has carpentary skills). But they are also the most spectacular projects I've seen. Given my limited experiece with power tools, most of these projects go in my "some day" folder. It's not that they are hard; I just don't really know what I'm doing with that kind of equipment.  Definately worth exploring.  Design Sponge


I LOVE this site!  Ravelry is a free, member generated site dedicated to fiber arts (crocheting, knitting, etc.). They have many free patterns, instructions, and how to's (both video and print). This is one of the first sites I go to when trying to find a new crochet idea.  Ravelry




This is another free, member generated craft site. Members can post on any craft topic. As with Ravelry, alot of the projects include instructions (or links to them. We crafters are an unselfish bunch, aren't we?!). They also have articles relating to crafting, as well as periodic crafting contests.  The only downside with this site is that signing up for membership seems to be a bit of a challenging process.  In any case, it is a very fun site!  In fact, I entered their toy making contest solely on the hopes of winning something with their logo on!  I love their humor.  Craftster



Another free, member generated site. Amazing ideas here!  I am just so amazed at the creativy and innovation that crafters have. Most have instructions. A great way to waste time and get inspired.  Craftgawker


I just found this site, thanks to my dear friend Denise. This place is amazing!  They have a whole host of topics that people post under but my favorite is the DIY  & Crafts section. Many of the postings include instructions (which is always a plus). You can find ANYTHING here!  Guaranteed to give you inspiration for whatever you are in the mood to do!  Pinterest

I'm sure there are many more crafting sites out there. If you have any favorites, please share them in the comments section.  Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment