Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Craft a Week #7: Crocheted Pirate Slippers

As a follow up to yesterday's slipper entry, today's project is this adorable pair of pirate slippers. I made them for my yet unborn grandson, Marcus Robert (aka BHBB), who is not due till late March. I wanted to make him a Christmas gift and these seemed like the perfect thing.  I love how they are not the traditional baby slippers. They are kind of cool and edgy. (They remind me of Wallabees - remember them)?!

I followed this pattern: Pirate Feet.  While they are really cute, I'm not sure how practical they are. I'd like to see these in actual use.  (They seem like they would fall off easily). I would have liked them to be smaller (they are supposed to be for 9-12 months and I really wanted 6 months). I tried to make them smaller by using an F hook but they are still rather large.  I think I will play with the pattern some and see how I can alter it while still keeping the general idea.

They were really quick and easy to do though.  Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment