Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 4, 2011

My $2 Picture


I've been looking for the right picture to hang over my fireplace for almost a year now. I'm REALLY thrifty so it makes my choices rather limited. Yesterday I stopped by a church rummage sale and found this picture. It's nothing spectacular but I loved it for several reasons. First, it's rather large (3.5' x 20"). Second, the colors match my living room colors (sage, rust, red, and off white). You can't really tell from this picture but the frame is gold and sage. Third, it was only $2!

What I didn't like about the picture is that it's just a print and the colors seemed kind of washed out. So I got a creative idea to spark it up with some acrylic paints I have. This is the after picture:


I'd still like to add more highlights but I only had toothpicks to work with (!). I figured little was way better than too much! I also need to get some gold leaf to spruce up the frame. I think it came out pretty nice for the first draft. I promise to post pictures when I do more to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment