Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 9, 2011

Spicy Peanut Noodles

I had some left over pork loin that needed used up so I decided to make these spicy peanut noodles. They were so tasty! 


Here's the recipe:

In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until tender. Drain and set aside.

Sauce:
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 6 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
  • 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
  • 1/2  teaspoon ground ginger

In a blender or food processor, chop the garlic.  Put all other ingredients in blender and puree. Transfer 1/2 cup of the peanut dressing to a bowl and toss with the noodles.

As I said, I had some leftover pork loin which I chopped into 1” pieces and sautéed along with ½ of a red pepper. I also added some stir fry veggies. I had a bag of them but you can also just make your own with broccoli, water chestnuts and bean pods.  Next time I think I will make my own because there just weren’t a lot of veggies in the bag I got.

I then plated the noodles with peanut sauce and topped with the pork/veggie mixture. I topped with some more peanut sauce. You can also toss with cilantro, green onions and fresh lime juice (I didn’t have these).

This was really yummy and made a lot of sauce (8 ounces). I’m wondering if this dressing would can okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment