Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Recycled Clothes to Dog Toy

I have a big back of clothes that I was planning to take to Goodwill, however, I think I will use most of the stuff for this dog toy.


It is super easy: Just cut old t-shirts into 1" x 20" strips, braid/twist together, and knot at the ends. How simple is that?!  I think I've found Christmast gifts for all my dog family/friends.  If you want to make these yourself, here's the link:  Recycled Dog Toy.  I will post pictures after I get some made.

UPDATE:

Here's one of the shirts I started with.  It was one that all 3 of the grandboys wore and have now outgrown.  From this, I followed the directions from the link above: Cut 20 1" x 20" strips.  I then knotted and twisted the strips.




This is what I got:                                                          Clearly, Marcella loves it!




While this was good for her (since she's a medium/large dog), I wanted something different for Frank and Beans (because they are small). I adjusted the instructions:  1) Cut 20 1" x 12" strips.   2) Divided those strips into 2 groups of 10.  3) Knotted one end TIGHT and continued to tightly knot the strips. (I thought this would hold together better than just twisting).  4) I also knotted the loose ends so it would stay together better.

Here's my modified dog toy:


I think this is perfect for small dogs. It's about 7" long and pretty sturdy.  Now if the rain ever stops I can run my treat box to the post office. Be on the lookout boys for goodies for Ant Bea!

September 14, 2011 Update: 
The boys with their toys! Aren't they too cute?!

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment