Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Craft A Week #18: Crocheted Lalaloopsy Doll Modified

This weekend marks the start of Spring Break. Having a week off from work in mid-March is definately one of the perks of teaching. While I am looking forward to relaxing and catching up on some work, I'm also looking forward to crafting. I've had a good and productive two days but before I post the new things I've done, I want to post something I created awhile ago and never posted.

Way back when, in Craft A Week #2, I made a few crocheted Lalaloopsy dolls.  While they came out cute, I was not a fan of their extremely oversized heads. They looked too far out of proportion for my tastes. So me being me, I modified the pattern to be something that I liked much better.  Here she is:

She still has a skinny body but her head is not so huge and wobbly.

 Isn't she cute?!

My favorite part of her is her hair. It's spiral curls and I used this cool vintage yarn that is fuzzy (I think it has some wool in it).


 Here she is with a spring flower. She has set up camp on my fireplace hearth for the time being. Don't you love her?!

I feel like I need to make at least another one before I post my instructions. I did jot them down while I was making her but I want to make certain they are correct before handing off to someone else. I've moved on to other things but, hopefully, I'll get back to this in another month or so.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment