Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Necklace from Ear Rings

I am gearing up for Yard Sale Season. Here in the Mid-Atlantic Region, yard sales are abundant from April through August. We have some amazing sales in my area; entire neighborhoods have sales on the same day. It is a fun, community based event and an absolute blast. (Hot dogs for breakfast, anyone)?!  My oldest daughter Shana and I tend to spend our Saturdays together yard saling...and treasure hunting.

Because you never know what you will find when you go saling, I start the season out by making a list. I write down the grandkid's sizes, ask people I know if there's anything in particular they are looking for, and make my own personal list. I love most things vintage....purses, household goods, decore and, of course, jewelry.

One of my favorite things to look for are clip-on earrings. I don't use them as earrings though. I use them as necklaces.  Take a look:

This is just a clip-on earring hung on a chain.

Isn't it pretty?

See how the earring has the clip? This allows you to clip the earring onto a chain and you don't have to worry about it falling off.  Sometimes I also clip them onto a lapel and use as a pin.


This is one of my favorites. The flower petals are enamel.

This is actually a pin but I like it better as a necklace. Again, all you do is clip the chain through the fastener on the back of the pin and you are good to go.

I got this pair of earrings at the end of last season. Aren't they adorable? I need to pick up some gold chains to hang them from. The best part of findng earrings in a set is that you have a ready made gift for a friend. I have a dear friend (Denise) and I love to find a sest of earrings. I keep one for myself and give one to her. How perfect is that?

You can usually find clip on earrings for super cheap because people don't use them anymore. I don't think I've ever spent more than $1 on a pair. Can't beat that bargain!






No comments:

Post a Comment