Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Andes Mint Cookies Recipe

I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?!) on the Six Sisters Stuff website. This is a great site; it is six sisters who created this blog to share recipes, crafts, and how to's with each other.  I recently gave them the Most Versatile Blogger Award.  Check them out; I think you will like them.

My son Zack has always loved Andes Mints so this recipe was perfect for a treat for him.  This morning, my granddaughter Kylie and I made them as a belated birthday gift for him (with help from brother A.J.).  The recipe is so easy: It only has 4 ingredients. Here's what you need:

1 box of Devil's Food or chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 box of Andes Mints

1.  Heat oven to 350. 
2.  Mix together cake mix, oil and eggs.
3.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. 
4.  Bake 8 minutes (the original recipe said 6-10 but 8 worked best for us).

While the cookies are baking, unwrap all the candies. Make sure you do this or you will be scrambling to do the next step.

5.  As soon as you take the cookies out of the oven, place an Andes Mint in the center of the cookie. Let them sit for a few minutes so the chocolate will melt.
6. Once the candy has melted, spread chocolate over the top of the cookie.
7. Eat them up YUM!


Based on the size of our spoonfuls, this recipe made 36 cookies. We were fortunate that we had another box of Andes Mints because there are only 28 mints per box. We had a second box so we were able to make all the cookies. I suppose you could substitute another chocolate candy, like miniature Snickers or Milky Way.  I would cut those in half though because they would be too much candy for the size of the cookie.

 Here's my sweet granddaughter Kylie who made these cookies with me. They were really simple to make and we had alot of fun. And these cookies are so good!




No comments:

Post a Comment