Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Craft A Week #23 Crocheted Baby Uggs

The latest edition to our family is due within the next few weeks and I am really getting into the baby mood.  It's been awhile since we've had a tiny one (the next youngest is 4 1/2). Babies bring such a sense of renewal, promise and hope to the world. I  just love, love, love them!

While I have been crafting alot lately, not much of it has been on baby things. My mom is the queen of baby blanket making (seriously, her work is an art form) so she had those covered. Since our little Marcus will be born in the spring, the immediate need for bulky sweaters is out too. So in my quest for baby adorableness, I found the following.

Aren't these just too cute?! They were such a big hit in my house that I promised my youngest daughter (who is not married, pregnant, or planning a baby in the foreseeable future) that I would make her a pair and put away for her future baby.

These remind me of the Uggs I have.  I only had these buttons on hand but I think they would look so cute with an oversize wooden button, don't you?


 I found the pattern here:  I'm Topsy Turvy. The instructions are straightforward and really simple. I used an "F" hook and mine ended up measuring 4.5" on the sole. I'm guessing they will fit a 9-12 month old baby so Marcus will just have to grow into them. I was concerned about making them too small so I went bigger. It could also have something to do with the yarn I used. My yarn was thicker than the baby yarn recommended in the pattern; it was thicker and has some wool in it.

There is also an adorable little girl pattern (with a scalloped edge). These are also so cute. I may have to make a few pairs of thesejust to keep on hand for a baby gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment