Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Broccoli Slaw Salad Recipe

I really like broccoli salad but it always seems like alot of work for me. I know it's really not but it does take some time to clean and cut up the broccoli.  In my quest to work smarter and faster, I created this recipe for broccoli salad.  It is really yummy and quick to throw together.


1 bag of broccoli slaw
1/2 cup Sweet Vidala Onion Dressing
1/3 cup raisens/cranberries and nut mix
1/4 cup bacon bits
2 dashes of ground mustard
salt and pepper


I love this slaw mix. This is shredded broccoli, carronts and cabbage. There are other versions of this (just broccoli and/or broccoli and carrots mix). It doesn't matter what kind you get. It's a matter of preference. 

Put about half of the dressing in a large bowl and add the bag of broccoli slaw. I do this because you want to make sure the veggies on the bottom of the bowl will be covered.  Toss in the rest of the dressing and mix well.  I used tongs to flip it around to mix. Because the veggie mix is shredded, this worked better and was more manageable than using spoon.



Toss in the nuts and bacon.  I used this cranberry nut mix that I got on sale at Big Lots but you could use any mix.  And if you don't like nuts, you can just use cranberries or raisens.  I finished it off with just a few dashes of dried mustard.  I like the bite that dried mustard brings to this recipe. NOTE: If you don't have dried mustard, DO NOT use regular mustard. It just isn't the same! Add salt and pepper to taste.

I like to let the finished mix sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavors blend together.


You can add more or less of any of these ingredients to suit your taste. The salad throws together in a few minutes and I love it!  It's become my latest food obsession and I make a new batch of it every few days.  Try it, I think you will like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment