Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 16, 2012

Craft A Week #25 Charm Necklace

I am very blessed with having 7 grandkids (the 8th is due any day now).  Here's a picture of some of them, along with my neighbor Molly. Aren't they cute?!



The kids know that I love jewelry. They are all so thoughtful and have given me lots of kid picked jewelry through the years.  I so enjoy wearing the special pieces they've sought out for me.  Here's some of the beautiful treasures they've given me for various occasions.

I love all these pieces but found it was hard for me to wear them all very often.  Not wanting to play favorites and have it seem like I prefer one piece over another, I decided to figure out a way to combine them.  (There's also a charm that Breanna gave me, as well as wish box charm that I love).

As you can see, I have a mix of things: Hearts, friendship charms, vampire protectors (crosses), a bear, and some other various items. After much thought, I combined them into the following.


I LOVE how this came out! Now I have components of 8 separate pieces of jewelry that I can wear at the same time. I also love the eclectic nature of this piece and how I was able to recycle all this into another piece. For some reason this picture makes it look more gold than silver but that is not the case. These pieces are all silver in color.  Isn't it cute?  This may be my new favorite piece.

I spruced the piece up with a good scrubbing of toothpaste.  You know that trick, right?  Any kind of toothpaste works as a jewelry cleaner.  Just squirt toothpaste in your hands, rub them together, and rub that into the jewelry. I also take a toothbrush and give a good scrub. Then rinse well and your jewelry is now bright and shiny.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment