Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 5, 2012

Craft A Week #20 Simple Crochet Bracelets

I am on a roll with my craftiness! Yesterday when I was cleaning up in the grandkids room, I started gathering up the plethora of plastic bracelets that have taken up residence there. You know these bracelets; they are meant to make a statement for a cause (think the yellow Lance Armstrong bracelets that started them all).  On my quick excavation, I came up with a bunch.

I also found a cute wooden one that I didn't use for this project....yet.

I got to thinking, what can I do with these? No one (in my family) wears them anymore, which seems rather wasteful.  Then it hit me....crochet them!

I used varigated crochet embroidery thread. Didn't they come out cute?  My granddaughter Jasmine turns 10 next month and I think I shall send some of these to her. I like the little lacy effect that comes from the crochet stitch. Much prettier than plain plastic, don't you think?

 These worked up really fast, maybe half an hour to do each one.  It takes the better part of a skein of embroidery floss for each.

Here's a close up. This may be my favorite one, which I may keep for myself.  This would look pretty covered with colored hemp as well.

I figured out how to do this myself, however, the basic instructions for this can be found at this site:  The Kraft Farm.  You really don't need any crocheting skills per se to do this project. It is super simple once you get the hang of it. And what a great way to recycle and breathe some extra life into what would otherwise end up in the trash.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment