Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Craft A Week #25 Crocheted Monster Hats

One of the beauties of having small children in your life is the ability to dress them up in fun ways. You only have a short window of time to influence their clothing choices and I take great delight in playing with that. (David Sedaris, in Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim writes a very funny story about how they dressed up his little brother when he was an infant. If you aren't familar with David's work, I highly recommend you exploring it. I listen to his books on cd while driving - guaranteed to make me laugh out loud).

I had a request from Breanna, my youngest, to make this hat for her yet to be created babies. (Bre is 23, not married, not pregnant, and not planning it anytime soon). She just loveed this hat and wanted one to tuck away for future use. I must admit, they are really cute and funny.  It was easy to fill her request.

This is the toddler hat without flaps. Isn't it cute?!

I think this red and brown hat will be the perfect compliment to the red Ugg-like slippers I made last week. This hat is said to fit a 9-12 month old.

I found this idea on Pinterest (of course).  The link for all the instructions can be found at Repeat Crafter Me. I took Sarah's advice and used the basic ear flap hat instructions located on Alli Crafts. This pattern is really straightforward and works up quick.


This is my favorite. I love the brown and green combo. Reminds me of a chocolate mint cookie (monster).  Bre says these hats remind her of the one eyed monster from Monsters, Inc.

In absence of any little people, I enlisted Pooh Bear to be a model.  These hats are so cute and simple to make. They are a great way to use up stash yarn.  Another Super Simple craft!


UPDATE:  Here's the monster hat on a real live (and adorable baby). Thanks little man for being my hat model!  I plan to post these on my etsy shop later this week. I haven't had time to create the write up.


Update: Here's more cuteness for your day....puppy in a hat! Isn't she adorable?  This is a puppy, named Penelope, that my daughter Breanna is fostering. Bre works at an animal rescue organization and fosters puppies til they are ready to be adopted. Such a great cause.




Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment