Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 26, 2012

Craft A Week #26 Owl Will Always Love You Crochet Blanket

Pinned ImageSeveral weeks ago I found a post on Pinterest of some really cute crocheted baby blankets that have a stuffed animal head attached.  In my family, we call these "woobies". A woobie is like a favored blanket or snuggly toy.  Here's the picture I found. Aren't they cute?!

I so loved the idea, but when I clicked on the link, the pattern was written in Swedish. I tried Google translate but the terms didn't really translate completely so I was creative in my creation. (If you are interested, the original posting can be found here:  http://brittasami.blogspot.se/search/label/Snuttefiltar%20%28gratis%29.

I thought they were all cute but I decided to try my hand at the Owl - and gave him the title of "Owl Will Always Love You". Here's how Owly came out:

Isn't he sweet?  I like how his wings look like little hands.

Since he was a pilot project, I used the yarn I had on hand. It is all acrylic yarn (not my favorite but easy to work with). The varigated is some vintage yarn that Shana got me a few years ago. (See, I knew I kept it for a reason). 

I tried to follow the directions for the owl head, which I was able to loosely comprehend. I did so much modification though that I wasn't able to write down all the changes I made. I was a little frustrated but then had an epiphony!

It occured to me that all I had done was make a large granny square and put a stuffed animal head onto it.  I then realized that I could make a woobie of any kind....all I have to do is find a cute animal head and put on a blanket. See what I mean?


The next one I make, I will write up the pattern. But seriously, you can make a woobie of any kind based on what animal you like. I trolled Crochet Pattern Central and found lots of possibilities.  I want to make my new grandson Marcus Robert a sleeping kitty in honor of our family cat Bailey. 

UPDATE 3/28/12: Owlie is now posted on my etsy store for purchase. Check back often because I'm making a series of these woobies.
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Hello :) now i have make it in english...on ravelry. Have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Britt Marie! You inspired me. Such a cute and creative idea. I've seen you latest lady bug and it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete